If you need help setting up MapProxy, having some trouble or found a bug? There are different ways to get help:
How to ask for help?
There are a few things you should consider when asking for help on github or the mailing list, that will make it more likely to get a fast and helpful response.
- Describe what you're trying to do and what your end result should be. It's possible that there is an easier way to do something.
- Always include a minimal configuration to reproduce your setup – including all grids, caches, sources and layers. But remove all unrelated parts, e.g. when you have multiple sources/caches/layers.
- Describe what you are expecting and what you get. Include URLs you are requesting from MapProxy and URLs of requests that MapProxy makes to your source.
- Describe what you already tried to do.
- Include the software versions of your setup (MapProxy, Windows/Linux, Proj4, PIL, etc.).
- Try to see if it works with
mapproxy-util serve-developif your issue is not related to the deployment itself. Copy any error output in your mail.
- Always include a minimal configuration to reproduce your setup.
- There is a hard limit of 100kB per mail on the mailing list. Avoid HTML, only post tiny pictures and/or use external webspace (or Dropbox) for larger stuff.
- Use these guidelines with common sense. For example, we don't need your OpenLayers configuration when MapProxy doesn't start up.